Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)

  1. VetHelpVet
  2. News
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)

If you have a service-connected disability that limits your ability to work or prevents you from working, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) program-also referred to as Chapter 31-can help. Find out if you're eligible and how to apply for VR&E benefits and services-like help exploring employment options and getting more training if required. In some cases, your family members may also be eligible for certain VR&E benefits.

What if I'm a Servicemember who hasn't yet received a service-connected disability rating?

You don't need to wait for a rating. Instead, please fill out VA Form 28-0588 (VA Vocational Rehabilitation - Getting Ahead After You Get Out). Download Form 28-0588.

If I'm a Veteran, can I get VR&E benefits and services?

You may be eligible for VR&E benefits and services if you're a Veteran, and you:

Have received a discharge that is other than dishonorable, and Have a service-connected disability rating of at least 10% from VA, and Apply for VR&E services